Echo Health Ventures invests to build and grow a diverse portfolio of health care technology and services companies. In the Echo Portfolio CEO Series, we’ll feature several entrepreneurs leading health care startups to learn more about their innovative solutions and shared vision for a better health care system.
Our bold new approach to strategic investing is not just about dollars, but about relationships.
In a recent interview, we sat down with Mary Pigatti, CEO of Echo alumni company Retrofit, and Colin Hill, CEO of Echo portfolio company GNS Healthcare. They discussed Echo’s work to build these relationships in order to grow and scale the next great health care companies.
“True disruptive innovation takes a long time,” said Colin. “You need patient capital, you need domain expertise, and you ultimately need a group that is aligned with the goals of management. We have had all three of those things [with Echo Health Ventures].”
“Echo Health Ventures had a vision across all the portfolio companies as to how we were going to change health care,” said Mary. “And they brought us together to figure out how we could work together to accomplish that vision.”
Want to see more of this series? Check out:
- Echo Portfolio CEO Series: Matthew Michela from lifeIMAGE
- Echo Portfolio CEO Series: Paul Ketchel from MDsave
- Echo Portfolio CEO Series: Dr. Bill Kerr from Avalon Healthcare Solutions
- Echo Portfolio CEO Series: Robin Heffernan from Circulation
- Echo Portfolio CEO Series: Ben Albert from Upfront Healthcare